Switched MC And Speaker

In 2019, as a new-rise novel writer, my first novel achieved amount of success which made me started to get active in various events. One day, I was invited to an online meeting to become the special guest speaker who explained about writing stuff. 

The meeting went well until in the QNA session, some audience started to question some complex things that were beyond my knowledge. I tried to answer some of the questions as much as I could, but.., due to my lack of experience, the answers seems did not satisfy the audience and they started to ask more complex questions. 

Luckily, the host of the event who also became the MC helped me to answer the question. She was an experienced writer who had written many books for years, so her answer can be accepted by the audience. 

I still tried to answer some questions, but when its too complicated, I gave the question into the MC, and indeed I'm started to doubt my existence in that discussion as a speaker. Right after that, the audience is no longer asking questions to me, instead switching to asking their question to her directly. 

The MC started trying to break the ice by saying that it seemed there was a switching role between the MC and the speaker as a joke. I'm fine about that and were still having fun and laughing together until the end of the meeting. But after that, somehow the connection between me and her felt a bit awkward.

Though that time, I felt so relieved because she was helping me a lot. So I do respect her as a senior and admire all of her work. But in the later events, she seemed to keep a distance from me, probably she felt a little guilty towards me because of that takeover QNA session.




Short story about writers, short story about writing, short story about event, short story about awkwardness, short story about life, short story about speaker, short story about master of ceremony, short story about missunderstanding



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Holiday Job with a Difference

Who is Siskaeee from Indonesia?

Real Personal Service