Expensive Gift Exchange

Coming from a poor family, I managed to achieve success and get married at a young age ahead of my friends. I realized at my wedding that there were differences between wedding gifts from my childhood friends and work colleagues. 

My childhood friends gave me things that were not too expensive and prioritized the functional aspect. Meanwhile, my colleagues gave me all kinds of gifts at fantastic prices regardless of the function.

It's a tradition in my country to exchange gifts between a couple that married and gives birth. Based on that experience, whenever any of my childhood friends got married, I would gift them luxury items and also prioritize the functional aspect. This annoyed them because of the high maintenance costs and taxes. 

When I gave birth to my first child, they said it was difficult to choose an appropriate gift price as an exchange. 




Short story about relationship, short story about gift, short story about wedding, short story about couple, short story about succesfull, short story about fancy, short story aobut growing up.



#shortstory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Holiday Job with a Difference

Who is Siskaeee from Indonesia?

Real Personal Service