The Moon Is Beautiful Isn't It?

As she slightly raised her head to stare at something in my back 

"Ohh look at the moon, I just realized it's full moon tonight", a girl in front of me said. 

"Ohh yeah..!?" I turned my body a bit, "I think tomorrow will be the fullest" I said with my head position backwarded her.

"Ohhh, of course, astrology enthusiasm guy" she replied with satire tone.

"Well.. yeah I loved it, what do you want me to say?" I said it with a small laugh and shaking my head.

"I mean of course it's beautiful, but...." My words stopped and my eyes glanced at her face. In my heart continued it if she's indeed more beautiful, but I guess it's too much for my mouth to say it as an introverted person, especially on our first date. 

"But... I want to see it too" I said then stood up quickly nearly the same time she also said 

"But what?". 

We were both silenced then, our eyes met, probably because we enjoyed this first-time awkward romantic moment as the progress of our relationship. Trying to process the alternative possibility that is supposed to happen in our mind only.

"Do u mind if I move to your side?" I asked her

She blinked twice realy fast then answered "Sure!" with a little nod redirected her head to look down from my higher sight. Slowly moving aside with her coffee, giving me some space in her side of the long bench chair.

It's just two of us at the rooftop of this local hidden gem cafe, two introverted individuals. Tonight was supposed to be cold like any other cold moon December night, but I could feel my body heating up as I sat next to her.

"So you're a moon person?" I said it after i sat next to her, trying to act cool

"Yeah!" she answered it short because her lips were already on the straw of her drink. She raised her eyebrows, expressing that she was not done with her words yet. 

After she drink, she continued "I love the moon, not astrologically, like you" She said it with quote-on-quote hand gesture. "But it's probably because I love to write at night, I prefer nighttime so much then day time" she continued.

"Yeah me too!" I replied lowkey exitedly "The ambiance of silence darkness.., the stars.., the moon.., it's just so beautiful isn't it?"

I asked as she suddenly went silent, not answering my simple question. I looked at her and she looked at me after a moment, 

"Did you mean it?" She asked it with a serious expression.

"What, what'd you mean?" I asked her back because probably I misspoke about something. Her serious facial expression changed to like realizing something, its like she realized if I was dumb. 

"Never mind!" she said with a little cute smile looking away from my face. 

"What, what was that?, did I say something weird?"

"No, no youre not, you're good, everything is good"

"Thats a simple question right?, so the night is beautiful isn't it?"

"Yess, of course, it's beautiful, now can we move on to the next topic"

"The stars are also beautiful isn't it?" I asked again but she went silent again, she got her coffee and then sippin' it again from the straw.

"The moon is beautiful isn't it?" I asked again with a bit of calm insisting tone.

She choked and coughed "Stop it..." then she punched me with her little fist in my shoulder. I could see her face blushing, she looked so cute, so I couldn't help my smile that time.

"What was that?, did it mean something else, explain it to me?" I asked innocently

"Yes, the moon....." she then stopped a moment "...and the stars are beautiful" she continued and still didn't want to see my eyes.

Again a moment of silence happened "I'll google it right now" trying to grab my phone in my pocket.

"Noo, don't.." she panicked a bit then tried to grab my hand

"Then explain it, did it mean like you're more beautiful than the moon or something?" I keep insisting and finally, our eyes meet again, we both hold our smiles with giggle talk. 

"No, just search for it later, when you're alone" she insisted

"Why?" asked me still curious but actually I couldn't help with her begging facial expression. We were again stuck in a silence awkward moment, her hand grabbed one of my arms. Quickly responded she let it go and pulled her hand back.

"Okay I'll search it later, but.... you... are... beautiful tho" I took hardly beating haeart chance to say it

"Did I?" shyly tone she asked as she lowered her head again.

"Yess... you are, you are more beautiful than the moon" I said in a more confident romantic way. I want to say if shes the most beautiful girl that Ive seen, but again..... I just can't

"mhhhmmm" she nods her head again a little. I cant see her facial expression, but probably her mind exploded the same with me. That time I can feel the flow of all the happy hormones flowing in my brain. We keep on talking after that, moving on to different topics about other things.

Long story short, at home, I searched for it and found out if my question about 'the moon is beautiful isn't it?' had another meaning 'I love you!' from Japanese culture. She said yes and I can't explain more about how blowed my mind after knowing that.

The next day, we met again because we had already planned it from that our last first date. She's the one who asked me to go on this second date. Exact on that second date, the another beginning of our relationship. 

"So... I already knew the meaning of the question, the moon question..." I said it and she said nothing

"You said yes right?" I asked

"That's doesnt count, you gotta do it properly!" she replied it with another small punch to my shoulder 




Short Romantic Story, Short story about the moon is beautiful isn't it?, Short Story about beginning of a relationship, Short story about introvert couple, short story about couple, short story about teenager.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Holiday Job with a Difference

Who is Siskaeee from Indonesia?

Real Personal Service