Twin Horses Cleo and Lyra

Although technology has developed rapidly, in the area where I come from there is a habit of traditionally using horses in daily activities until now. Instead of having motorized modern vehicles, most houses in my village keep at least 1 horse that will be used for transportation activities, etc. 

Children are taught to feed and are given a horse to care for until they grow up. I still remember when I was 10, some of my friends had to look for grass to feed the horse every couple days also bathe it using warm water every 2 weeks.

There is a field filled with a bunch of huge cauldrons which is enough for a horse to bathe in it. That place is managed by the village officials like a public facility that is free for anyone to use. We just need to gather some logs or just buy them from the wood collectors to be burned underneath it.

At first, my innocence taught if that the activity is meant to cook a horse alive. It's because people also add some herbs such as wood, leaves, and special powders into the hot water before the horse is bathed. My dad explains that this is a fun thing to do and sort of bonding with our horse. It is believed that bathing horses in hot water strengthens their skin and muscles. 

Unfortunately, my dreams of owning a horse at that time had to be crushed because my father was assigned to work outside the city. Our family had 2 horses, but both were given to our relatives. 

Long story short, I grew up and achieved financial stability at a young age in the city. Because of this, I fulfilled my childhood dream to raise my horse. Within 4 years, I bought 4 horses, 2 males and 2 females. Entering my fifth year of owning it, 2 of the females had already given birth to their foal, So I raised a total of 6 horses that time.

Then covid appeared and I was one of those affected by the mass firings. I was able to survive a couple of months using my savings and because of the continuing pressing necessities, I decided to sell my horses.

The money that I got from selling 3 of my adult horses I used to open a food and beverage business. The other 3 horses (1 adult and 2 foals) are what I love most, so I started to make a TikTok content with them. It's just my daily activity feeding, petting, grooming, and playing around with them.

My content had a couple of engagements and from there, people started loving my horse's story. It went viral and I was invited to various entertainment events with 2 of my little horses. Even though those 2 horses are not related and don't look identical, most netizens call them the twin horses Cleo and Lyra.




Short story about life, short story about horses, short story about foal, short story about village, short story about tradition, short story about huge cauldron, short story about viral, short story about entertainment, short story about TikTok, short story about covid, short fiction story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Holiday Job with a Difference

Who is Siskaeee from Indonesia?

Real Personal Service