Three Night Fair Child

When I was owning a traveling carnival night fair, one night I saw three children staring at the carnival from the distance. They're discussing something for a moment until one of them comes closer, buys a ticket, and then goes inside the fair. Not long after that one child went out with a happy face heading back to another two children. I saw them discussing in a moment then they left immediately.

A week later, I saw those three children again, but now the other children come closer, buy a ticket, and go inside the carnival. Not long after that, he came out with a happy face going back into the group. They're discussing again in a moment then left immediately. 

Same with the next week, which is the last week our carnival will be there, I saw the three children again, and now the turn of the last child, he bought a ticket and then went inside the carnival. Same as the previous week, not long after that, he came out to discuss with the other two children. It makes me wonder why they didn't they just went inside together at the same time.

So Before they left, at the peak of my curiosity, I decided to talk to them. I asked their reason why they hadn't going inside together before, and the answer was really touching. They are brothers who lived alone in the forest because their parents died cause of disease. 

They're working as a wood seller and they really want to have fun together at the carnival fair. But the ticket was too expensive for them to go inside together, so they planned to save enough money on the weekend to buy one of the cheapest tickets. 

A bit of insight, our carnival fair had dozens of rides. The cheapest ticket can only enjoy 4 rides, the price went up for 8 rides tickets, and the expensive one is the ticket for all rides. What happened in the previous weeks, one of them would go inside, ride only 4 rides, and then come out to tell the story about the ride to another.  Each of them will ride a different ride so they can experience various rides based on their story to each other.

After knowing their story, I decided to open the carnival one more week and then gave all three children free tickets for all rides. They are so happy with it and enjoy each ride. I also offered them to work for me as my assistant in running this business, they accepted it and we traveled to various places for many years.

They're a good kid, disciplined, hard worker, and respect me so much. Now I've decided to retire, I have already given them all the management of my carnival assets to them. They're really great at supporting each other, the oldest was the one who surveyed the places that we wanted to be, the second was doing development to the rides, and the youngest leading all the crew members. They're running the business really well and we become one of the most famous traveling carnivals in that time.



Short story about life, short story about growing up, short story about family, short story about brotherhood, short story about carnival, short story about night fair, short story about hard work, short story about child

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Holiday Job with a Difference

Who is Siskaeee from Indonesia?

Real Personal Service